English ---> ANY minor language

Forum for English and all other languages.

Moderators: kokoyaya, Beaumont

Marcus May
Membre / Member

English ---> ANY minor language

Post by Marcus May »

Hi there,

I would like to ask your help in a funny idea. I would like to make rap songs in a minor language.

The lyrics are usualy 2x16 bars + a 4-bar chorus. Here's a little sample:
My stlye's a surprise out of the box,
With a language that's so old school it makes fans from your grandpops,
For sweet r'n'b songs I don't have the guts,
Ladies and gentlemen: this is hip-hop.

my questions:
1. What languages would you suggest? What are those ones that are the most capable for a
production like this? (i.e. are there enough modern words, etc)

2. I need the text with Latin letters that marks the exact pronunciation. Can we solve this?

3. I would like that the lyric would sound good in the target language. (i.e. not only a linguistic experience for outstanding people but a good track musically and lyrically) So I need the translator to check my pronunciation in the recorded song 2 or 3 times :D

4. I know it's almost impossible to translate it in 100%. So I would say it must rhyme, but not definitely with the original rhyme-formula. I like "off-beat" rhymes too, where the rhymes are
not only on the end of the bars, but everywhere.

5. If there is any major changing in the lyric it's needed to be marked, and I would also like to get the new meaning of the actual line. But only in the case of major changes.

about me:
Besides my mother language (Hungarian) I speak English and French. Moreover I learnt a lot of other languages (Arabic, Swahili, Finnish, Estonian, Dutch)

My aim is to make something really different and the popularization of the Native cultures.

Thank you in advance :D

Marcus May
Marcus May
Membre / Member

Re: English ---> ANY minor language

Post by Marcus May »

sorry for double post :confused:
Manuela
Freelang co-moderator

Post by Manuela »

Don't worry, I have just erased the other one ;-)
Guten Tarte! Sorry for the time...
Olivier
Membre / Member

Post by Olivier »

Marcus May wrote:Besides my mother language (Hungarian)
I can't help with translation but if you want good ideas for Hungarian rap I can only recommend Ludditák - I once heard "No Feng Shui" and was really amazed by these girls' texts :) (Az odúm tabu lett, kaptam egy idegsokkot / Egy amulettel elbasztam a vizesblokkot!)
-- Olivier
Se nem kicsi, se nem nagy: Ni trop petit(e), ni trop grand(e):
Éppen hozzám való vagy! Tu es juste fait(e) pour moi!
Octopus
Membre / Member

Post by Octopus »

Hello! Don't you need Armenian as a minor language? :) I could help you, sure.
Best,
Ashot Gareginyan,
Yerevan, Armenia

Marcus May wrote:Hi there,

I would like to ask your help in a funny idea. I would like to make rap songs in a minor language.

The lyrics are usualy 2x16 bars + a 4-bar chorus. Here's a little sample:
My stlye's a surprise out of the box,
With a language that's so old school it makes fans from your grandpops,
For sweet r'n'b songs I don't have the guts,
Ladies and gentlemen: this is hip-hop.

my questions:
1. What languages would you suggest? What are those ones that are the most capable for a
production like this? (i.e. are there enough modern words, etc)

2. I need the text with Latin letters that marks the exact pronunciation. Can we solve this?

3. I would like that the lyric would sound good in the target language. (i.e. not only a linguistic experience for outstanding people but a good track musically and lyrically) So I need the translator to check my pronunciation in the recorded song 2 or 3 times :D

4. I know it's almost impossible to translate it in 100%. So I would say it must rhyme, but not definitely with the original rhyme-formula. I like "off-beat" rhymes too, where the rhymes are
not only on the end of the bars, but everywhere.

5. If there is any major changing in the lyric it's needed to be marked, and I would also like to get the new meaning of the actual line. But only in the case of major changes.

about me:
Besides my mother language (Hungarian) I speak English and French. Moreover I learnt a lot of other languages (Arabic, Swahili, Finnish, Estonian, Dutch)

My aim is to make something really different and the popularization of the Native cultures.

Thank you in advance :D

Marcus May