Help with Japanese Essay, translation correction

Forum for English and all other languages.

Moderators: kokoyaya, Beaumont

Bookworm51485

Help with Japanese Essay, translation correction

Post by Bookworm51485 »

I have to write an essay for my Japanese class, so I wrote it in English first then translated it, but I'm not sure about parts of my translation. Especially the second part. My teacher hates me, so I'm trying to do the best I can to change her opinion, so I was wondering if someone could help with a grammar/vocab check. I'm not completely sure sentences are put together properly or that I used to absolute right vocab (though in some cases, that's created by a limitation in known vocab words). Anyways, enough intro. Here's the essay. First the Japanese translation, then the English original. It's in romanji, this comp gives me trouble switching to hiragana on Firefox.

Kono otoko no hito wa Yamamoto Shingo desu. Shingo-san wa kara soto o mite, totemo kanashimasemasu (emotionally upset). Nazenara, kyou wa gorufu o shitai kara desu. Kodomo no toki no irai (kodomo no irai, kodomo no toki irai. when/since he was a child. How to say since instead of when?), Shingo-san wa totemo ii gorufa ni naritakatta desu. Shingo-san wa gorufu no ressun o shitari, gorufu no bideo o mitari, gorufuko-su de gorufu o takusan renshuushitarishimashita. Kyou wa totemo juuyou na hi dakara, Shingo-san wa ichiban suki na gorufa ni aimasu. Shingo-san wa ichiban suki na gorufa ga Tigers Woods desu. Shingo-san wa yuumeijin ni attakoto ga nakatta node, totemo wakuwaku shimashita. Shikashi, kyou wa ame ga futte imasu.

Shingo-san wa okusan ni soudanshimashita. Okusan wa Tiger Woods to kaiken suru no ga isseichidai da kara, ittemiru to itteimashita. Soshite, ame nimo kakawarazu, Shingo-san wa gorufuko-su de reshuushite, Tiger Woods ni aimasu. Shingo-san wa kaze o hiku kamoshiremasen node, okusan wa chotto shinpaishimasu. Shikashi/Demo okusan wa genki de to ii desu ne.

This is ______. He's looking out his window, quite upset because he wanted to go out and play golf today. Since he was a little kid, he's always wanted to be a very good golf player. He took golf lessons, watched golf videos of all the best players and spent a lot of time out practicing on the golf course. Today was going to be an important day, because he was going to get the chance to meet one of his favorite players of all time, Tiger Woods. But it's raining and ruining his plans.

He decided to talk to his wife and ask her what she thought he should do. She told him that this was a once in a lifetime opportunity and that he should go if he really felt he needed to. If he didn't go, he'd regret it. So inspite of the rain, he went out to go practice golf and to meet Tiger Woods. His wife was a bit worried, sending him out in the rain, because he might get sick. but she hoped that the day would go well for him.

Some parts might have been lost from English to Japanese because I couldn't figure out how to translate it, but don't worry about that. Anyways, thank ahead of time. I appreciate any help I can get.