Swadesh vocabulary word lists

Forum for English and all other languages.

Moderators: kokoyaya, Beaumont

Stevey7788

Swadesh vocabulary word lists

Post by Stevey7788 »

Hello everyone,

Currently, I am compiling Swadesh vocabulary word lists on Wiktionary. I am doing this for the sake of future generations and to help make languages more accessible. I believe that language resources, especially basic vocabulary word lists, MUST be highly accessible online, especially on highly-frequented websites. This will also make work easier for comparative linguists.

I am wondering if anyone (including all Freelang dictionary compilers and editors) is willing to help contribute to this project. I've already added Khmer, Mongolian, Korean, and various Native American languages, and also relied on the Freelang Nahuatl dictionary a lot for my Uto-Aztecan list. I am looking forward to adding more languages.

Websites that have word lists in various world languages include the World Loanword Database, Intercontinental Dictionary Series, and the Rosetta Project. However, the down side is that the public cannot contribute to those projects.

Thanks a bunch!
Latinus
Admin

Re: Swadesh vocabulary word lists

Post by Latinus »

Hi,

The Freelang's word lists remain the property of their author.

As the Freelang webmaster prefers to not argue, on the forum, about the questions referring to the
Freelang project, please contact him through the contact form : http://www.freelang.net/form.php

Regards,
Lat.
Les courses hippiques, lorsqu'elles s'y frottent.