Translate Novel Passages into Italian

Forum for English and all other languages.

Moderators: kokoyaya, Beaumont

blackvalkyrie

Translate Novel Passages into Italian

Post by blackvalkyrie »

Could someone translate these passages for my book into Italian for me, preferably of a southern dialect? (Taranto specifically) Please try to translate it as it would sound in everyday life (don't translate literally if it wouldn't sound normal). I will put the passages to be translated into colored text.

Rosina is in a religious sect (the Cammino) and is talking to her brother, Enzo, about her husband, Paolo:

Hi, Enzo.
This is Rosina. I need your help. I am very unhappy. Please don’t share this email with Paolo, and don’t call me or speak to me anywhere else because Paolo checks all our communication devices (and you know he is good with technology). Please talk to me only on here.

You may not know this but I’m sad a lot of the time. We have a lot of problems. I have to act happy all the time. Sometimes I feel hyper. I’m sick of a lot of things the Cammino teaches and I’m sick of Paolo. We don’t love each other. He doesn’t love me and I don’t love him. He has come close to hitting me sometimes.

The baby is not Paolo’s. I have been having an affair with a man for almost a year and he is the father. Please do not tell Paolo. I will tell him when I am ready. The catechists don’t do anything to help. They say marriage is a cross and we all have to bear the cross, and that no one loves their spouse 100%. I’m tired of this philosophy and I’m tired of pretending I agree with it.

Please promise me you won’t tell Paolo we talked about this. I can’t even tell anyone in private because I always break down. And Paolo might overhear, even when I think I’m alone with someone. Don’t tell anyone I sent this to you.

I trust you and I love you. Please don’t judge me. I know this is a shock, but I needed to tell someone. I want to commit suicide sometimes.

Don’t pay attention to my last email.

The brother doesn't trust her, so she writes:

"I am suffering and miserable. Please understand. I trust you. I need your help."
OR
"Enzo, I love you. I need your help. I want to die sometimes. I know this is a shock to you, but please don’t shut me out."

The next passage is from her to her husband:

Paolo, I’ve been waiting to email you this. Please don’t get too upset. I have thought this over for months and I have to say this now.

I don’t love you. I never did. I know you don’t love me. Not normal love, like other people have. I’m tired of this, and I’m tired of the catechists telling me how to run my life. You have no idea how much energy I expend to appear happy to other people, including you. I know you don’t love me, and that we aren’t supposed to really “love” each other in this community, so I hope it won’t hurt you too much if I tell you the truth. I have been meeting other men for a while. The baby is not yours. I thought you should know. I'm tired of the catechists ordering me around and telling me to accept the unhappiness.

I didn’t want to say this to your face, and I’d like it if you’d just forget I mentioned it.

The husband doesn't believe her, so she says:

"I know this is hard for you to accept. It’s the truth. I don’t love you. I like you a little, but I don’t love you. I can’t live in a community that demands this of me. I need to love and be loved, not like and be liked.

I know you’re upset, but I had to tell you the truth. I couldn’t do it in person. I didn’t want to hurt you, but to be honest, you don’t love me and you know it. You know people need love, and the Cammino community doesn’t always give me the love I need, and neither do you."

He refuses to believe it is her sending the messages:

"I know this is hard for you to accept this is Rosina, Paolo, and you don’t want to accept it, but I don’t love you. I like you, but I don’t love you as a husband."

Then he stars threatening to hurt her, then himself.

"I’ll have to call the police, then, if you threaten me. If you hurt yourself, I will call the psychiatric services."

To her sister, Serena:

Hi. This is Rosina.

Please don’t share this email with Paolo, don’t tell him about this conversation, and please don’t contact me anywhere else because Paolo monitors those places. I have my own electronic device I'm using that he doesn't know about.

I am sick and miserable. I have to pretend to be happy constantly. I get nauseated from acting happy all the time. The baby is not Paolo’s. I’m tired of Paolo. He smokes about 396 cigarettes a day! The father is a man I have been meeting with in secret for the past year. I told Enzo. Please don’t tell anyone else, especially Paolo.

To a teenage girl in her religious cult community:

Hi, Annalisa. Can you keep this email a secret?

I’m sending you this message because I want to protect you. Don’t get married. I know what it’s like. I’m miserable. It is much worse than it seems to everyone else. Paolo treats me like shit. He doesn’t love me. He doesn’t even love me in a sisterly way, like in Jesus.

I’m using this email address because he checks the other one. I’m thinking about leaving Paolo but I might want to stay in the Cammino. Just not this group in Bologna. Actually, I think I don't trust the Cammino anymore. Paolo is not the father of the baby so it doesn’t matter if I leave him. Promise me you won’t tell anyone about this.

And please look at these websites. They opened my mind. I love you and I want to protect you from this.

Later, when things get worse, she sends a message over email to the leaders of the religious cult in her area:

I found out the truth about the Cammino.

I’m in the Cammino right now and I’m unhappily married to a man I do not love. I have been having an affair for about a year (with a man I actually love) and I’m tired of being stuck with this “husband” who smokes constantly. Your stupid catechists never help me and I have to pretend to be happy with my life when I'm in front of them because they will criticize me if I don’t! I’m going to post this website around town and in all the churches until everyone sees the truth. I will also call psychiatrists and tell them how you treat members, especially wives. Maybe I can save a life.

I’d rather shoot myself than marry this stupid husband again, or listen to these stupid catechists who tell me I should shut up and accept everything that happens to me. My "husband" is controlling and manipulative. What can you do to force the catechists to listen to me and allow me to leave my “husband” without telling the entire community I’m evil? If you don't help me I will be forced to tell the authorities about the abuse that goes on in these communities.

She posts the following to an anti-cult forum:

Hello. My name is Rosina. I am in the Cammino. I come from Taranto. I am in my late 20s. I am in an arranged “marriage” to a man I do not love. He is in his mid-30s. I am having an affair with another man and I am pregnant with the other man’s child. I was forced (emotionally) to have an affair because I do not love my “husband”. My “husband,” PP, doesn’t know any of this. He tries to control me, smokes constantly, and thinks we’re going to make money with our app company. We are going to go poor. He has debts. He doesn’t respect money or the need to be responsible. He says “God will provide.”

Email from her to a psychologist in her area:

My husband is controlling and manipulative. He smokes about twenty times a day. We belong to a religious sect called the Cammino. I didn’t realize it was a sect until recently, when I searched about it online. I come from Taranto and I moved in with my husband to Bologna (it was basically an arranged marriage). I am pregnant with the child of another man, a man I have been having an affair with for a year. I need real love, not Cammino “love”. Spouses don’t love each other in a normal way in this group. I don’t want to tell Paolo, my husband, but I’m afraid he will find out.
Guest2803

cv en anglais

Post by Guest2803 »

Prière de bien vouloir déplacer ceci comme réponse à :
"Translate Novel Passages into Italian"
dans le Forum.Freelang.net
Merci bien.

BLUE FONT #1
Ciao Enzo, sono Rosina. Avrei bisogno del tuo aiuto. Sono in grosse ambasce. Per favore non far vedere questa e-mail a Paolo, e non chiamarmi o cercare di contattarmi con mezzi diversi da questo, perché Paolo controlla tutti i nostri mezzi di comunicazione (e, come sai, di tecnologia se ne intende bene). Perciò, per parlarmi, serviti soltanto di questa via.
Anche se non ne sei al corrente, sono afflitta gran parte del tempo. Abbiamo molti problemi. Eppure devo continuamente mostrarmi allegra. A volte mi sento che ho raggiunto il limite. Ne ho abbastanza di molte cose che il Cammino insegna, e ne ho abbstanza di Paolo. Non ci amiamo più. Lui non mi ama e io n on lo amo. Qualche volta è stato sul punto di alzare le mani su di me.
Il bambino [IF FEMALE: la bamabina] non è di Paolo. Ho una storia con un altro uomo da quasi un anno, e lui è il padre. Mi raccomando di non farlo sapere a Paolo. Glielo dirò io quando mi sentirò pronta a farlo. I catechisti non fanno nulla per aiutare. Dicono che il matrimonio è una croce e che tutti devono portare una croce, che nessuno ama il proprio coniuge al 100%. Sono stanca di questo modo di vedere e stanca di fingere di condividerlo.
Ti prego di promettermi di non raccontare a Paolo che abbiamo parlato di questo. E' un argomento del quale non posso parlare con nessuno in privato perché mi provoca un collasso nervoso. E c'è il rischio che Paolo possa udirmi parlarne quando credo di essere sola con qualcuno con il quale confidarmi.
Mi fido di te e per te provo affetto. Ti prego di non giudicarmi. So di averti sconvolto, ma avevo proprio bisogno di dirlo a qualcuno. A volte sono tentata di suicidarmi.
Ignora la mia ultima e-mail.
BLUE FONT #2
"Soffro e mi sento miserabile. Ti prego di comprendere. Ho bisogno del tuo sostegno."
[OR]
"Enzo, ti amo. Ho bisogno del tuo aiuto. A volte desidero di morire. So che per te è un colpo ma, per favore, non respingermi."
RED FONT #1
Paolo, ho riflettuto a lungo prima di mandarti questa e-mail. Cerca di mantenere il controllo. Dopo aver riflettuto per mesi, ora mi sento dirti quanto segue.
Non ti amo. Non ti ho mai amato. E so che neanche tu mi ami, almeno se parliamo di amarsi normalmente, come altri fanno. Sono stanca di questa situazione, e dei catechisti che continuano a dirmi come devo vivere. N§on hai idea di quanto mi costa apparire di buon umore davanti alla gente, te compreso. So che non mi ami, che non eravamo fatti per "amarci" veramente all'interno di questa comunità. Allora spero di non ferirti troppo con la verità che sto per confidarti. E da tempo che vedo altri uomini. Il bambino [IF FEMALE: la bamabina] non è tuo [IF FEMALE: tua]. Ho pensato che dovessi venirne a conoscenza. Non ne posso più dei catechisti che mi dicono cosa fare e mi ripetono di accettare la mia condizione di infelicità.
Non ho voluto dirti queste cose faccia a faccia, e vorrei che tu facessi conto di non averle apprese da me.
RED FONT #2
So che per te tutto questo non è facile da accettare. E' la pura verità: non ti amo. Sto abbastanza bene con te, ma non ti amo. Non posso vivere in una comunità che si aspetta questo da me. Ho bisogno di amare e di essere amata, non di trovarmi bene con qualcuno che a sua volta si trova bene con me.
So che sei sconvolto, ma dovevo dirti la verità. Non l'ho potuto fare di persona. Mi è dispiaciuto farti del male ma, ad essere onesti, bisogna riconoscere che non mi ami; questo lo sai da solo. Sai anche che le persone hanno bisogno di amore, e la comunità del Cammino non mi dà l'amore che mi è necessario, e neppure tu me lo dai.
RED FONT #3
"So che questo è difficile per te da accettare [HERE ENGLISH MAKE SNO SENSE, VERBATIM TRANSLATION IS: questa è Rosina, Paolo] e tu non vuoi accettarlo. Sto bene con te, ma non ti amo come si deve amare il proprio marito."
RED FONT #4
"E allora dovrò chiamare la polizia, se tu continui a minacciarmi. Fai del male a te stesso; dovrò chiamare il servizio per le emergenze psichiatriche."
BRIGHT GREEN FONT
Ciao, sono Rosina.
Ti prego di non mostrare questa e-mail a Paolo. Non accennare a questa conversazione con lui e, ti prego, non cercare di contattarmi in qualunque altro posto perché Paolo sorveglia quei posti. Ho il mio proprio strumento elettronico, quello che sto ora usando, che lui non conosce.
Sono afflitta e miserabile. Devo sempre mostrarmi contenta. Metter su la scena per tutto il tempo mi nausea. Il bambino [IF FEMALE: La bambina] non è di Paolo. Non ne posso più di Paolo. Fuma sulle 396 sigarette al giorno! Il vero padre è uno che ho incontrato in segreto da un anno a questa parte. L'ho detto a Enzo. Ti prego di non farne parola con nessuno, specialmente con Paolo.
ORANGE FONT
Ciao, Annalisa. Puoi tenere questa e-mail segreta?
Te la mando per proteggerti. Non sposarti. So cos'è il matrimonio. Mi sento miserabile. E' qualcosa di molto peggiore di come sembra alla gente. Paolo mi tratta da merda. Non mi ama. Non mi ama neppure come una sorella, in Gesù.
Uso questo indirizzo di posta eletrronica perché lui controlla gli altri indirizzi. Sto pensando di lasciare Paolo, però potrei decidere di restare con il Cammino. Ma non con questo gruppo di Bologna. Ma in realtà ho perso la mia fede nel Cammino. Paolo non è il padre del bambimo [IF FEMALE: della bambina], così che non importa se lo lascio. Promettimi di non dirlo a nessuno.
E, per favore, da' un'occhiata a questi siti web. Mi hanno aperto la mente. Ti amo e voglioo proteggerti da questo.
DARK PURPLE FONT
Ho finalmente scoperto la verità al riguardo del Cammino.
Attualmente appartengo al Cammino e sono infelicamente sposata ad un uomo che non amo. Sto avendo una storia che dura da circa un anno (con uno che amo veramente) e ne ho abbastanza del legame con questo "marito" che fuma in continuazione. I vostri stupidi catechisti non mi aiutano affatto e, quando sono con loro, devo mostrarmi felice della vita che ho perché altrimenti mi criticherebbero! Metterò dei post in questo sito web, in giro per la città e in ogni chiesa, fino a che la gente apra gli occhi e conosca la verità. Chiamerò anche degli psichiatri e dirò loro come trattate i vostri membri, specie le mogli. Forse così salverò delle vite.
Mi sparerò piuttosto che sposare di nuovo questo stupido marito, o che ascoltare questi stupidi catechisti che mi dicono di tacere e accettare tutto quello che mi capita. Mio "marito" controlla e manipola tutto. Cosa puoi fare per obbligare i catechisti ad ascoltarmi e lasciarmi abbandonare mio "marito" senza dire alla comunità intera che io sono malefica. Se non mi aiuti dovrò informare le autorità dei soprusi che avvengono i queste comunità.
PALE GREEN FONT
Ciao, mi chiamo Rosina. Appartengo al Cammino. Sono di Taranto e mi avvio verso i trent'anni. Mi trovo in un "matrimonio" combinato, con un uomo che non amo. Lui è sui 35 anni. Sto vivendo una storia con un altro uomo e il figlio che ho in grembo è suo. Sono stata emotivamente spinta ad avere una storia perché non amo mio "marito". Mio "marito", P. P., non ne sa niente. Egli cerca di controllarmi, fuma una sigaretta dopo l'altra, e crede che stiamo per fare una foruna con la nostra società di programmi informatici. Invece di questo passo finiremo sul lastrico. Ha accumulato debiti, non conosce il valore del denaro né come comportarsi in maniera resposabile. Dice sempre che provvederà il Signore.
LIGHT PURPLE FONT
Mio marito mi controlla e manipola. Funa circa venti volte al giorno. Appareniamo ad una setta religiosa che si chiama il Cammino. Non mi sono resa conto che fosse una setta fino a poco fa, quando ho fatto ricerche al riguardo attraverso internet. Sono di Taranto e mi sono trasferita a Bologna con mio marito (fondamentalmente, il nostro è stato un matrimonio combinato). Sto aspettando un figlio che ho concepito da un altro uomo, qualcuno che vedo da un anno. Voglio l'amore vero, non l'"amore" che il Cammino propone. Le coppie sposate non si amano di un amore normale in questo gruppo. Non me la sento di dire tutto questo a Paolo, mio marito, ma ho paura che prima o poi verrà a saperlo.
****** This translation is in standard Italian, not the dialect spoken in the Taranto's area. ******