Is this good English?

Forum for English and all other languages.

Moderators: kokoyaya, Beaumont

Is this good English?

Post by Guest »

A statement in official document:-
This is to certify that New World Partnership Limited, located at No... has registered to be a construction contractor of this Governmental Agency, by having Mr AA signed his name and affixed the official seal of the partnership, which was entered in the register as a construction contractor of this agency.
If further require to be a construction contractor of this agency, an application of intent shall be submitted within 2th. of January.
kokoyaya
Admin

Post by kokoyaya »

Not really, indeed. :confused:

Re: Is this good English?

Post by Guest »

Anonymous wrote:A statement in official document:-
This is to certify that New World Partnership Limited, located at No... has registered to be a construction contractor of this Governmental Agency, by having Mr AA signed his name and affixed the official seal of the partnership, which was entered in the register as a construction contractor of this agency.
If further require to be a construction contractor of this agency, an application of intent shall be submitted within 2th. of January.

Please feel to correct it, please.
kokoyaya
Admin

Post by kokoyaya »

I'm going to do it this evening.
kokoyaya
Admin

Post by kokoyaya »

If further (it sounds strange, it seems that there should be something after "further") require to be a construction contractor of this agency, an pplication of intent shall be submitted within (before) 2nd (no dot) January.

Remember I'm not native...
Last edited by kokoyaya on 19 Dec 2002 01:01, edited 1 time in total.
Parasha
Membre / Member

Post by Parasha »

I would like to help you, but I need you to explain some things for me. I have put my initial corrections in [square brackets].

"This is to certify that New World Partnership Limited, located at No... has registered to be a construction contractor of this Governmental Agency, by having Mr. AA [sign] his name and [affix] the official seal of the partnership, which was entered in the register as a construction contractor of this agency."

WHAT was entered in the register? The seal? The partnership? When was it entered?

"If further require to be a construction contractor of this agency, an application of intent shall be submitted [on or before the] [2nd] of January."

What is the subject of this last sentence? WHAT or WHO further requires, or is further required to be a construction contractor?
Last edited by Parasha on 19 Dec 2002 09:17, edited 1 time in total.
"Heureusement que j'aime pas les épinards..."

Post by Guest »

Parasha wrote:I would like to help you, but I need you to explain some things for me. I have put my initial corrections in [square brackets].

"This is to certify that New World Partnership Limited, located at No... has registered to be a construction contractor of this Governmental Agency, by having Mr. AA [sign] his name and [affix] the official seal of the partnership, which was entered in the register as a construction contractor of this agency."

WHAT was entered in the register? The seal? The partnership? When was it entered?

"If further require to be a construction contractor of this agency, an application of intent shall be submitted [on or before the] [2nd] of
January."

Thank you very much for your help in correction of this message
Best regards,

What is the subject of this last sentence? WHAT or WHO further requires, or is further required to be a construction contractor?
Pontus
Membre / Member

Post by Pontus »

Anonymous wrote:
Parasha wrote:I would like to help you, but I need you to explain some things for me. I have put my initial corrections in [square brackets].

"If further require to be a construction contractor of this agency, an application of intent shall be submitted [on or before the] [2nd] of
January."

Thank you very much for your help in correction of this message
Best regards,

Now you quoted your own message! Make sure typing it after the "[/quote]" in the future!