Regarding Russian

Forum for English and all other languages.

Moderators: kokoyaya, Beaumont

Parasha
Membre / Member

Regarding Russian

Post by Parasha »

Hello, all. New to the forum.

The story is this: a few months ago I discovered an indespensable reference on the Web: a word-form analyzer called Agama. It conjugated just about any verb I threw at it, and gave any declension. One day it disappeared, no explaination.

I'm wondering if anyone knows anything about it, or where I might be able to find a similar resource, either on the Internet, or in some sort of purchasable form. I've tried finding some news in Russian, to no avail.

Also looking to buy an English-Russian Russian-English cd-ROM dictionary, and wondering if anyone knows of any good ones.

Thanks.
"Heureusement que j'aime pas les épinards..."
frantsuz
Membre / Member

russian dictionary

Post by frantsuz »

The best computer-based russian english english russian dictionary is Lingvo.
It's available for free online ( pbbly not complete though) at www.lingvo.ru.
Udachi ! :hello:

PS : If you find again the word-form analyser, could you please snd me a pm about it ? It'd be quite useful

PPS : Do you know Mr. Beard's online grammar of russian ? I find it also quite good. You can find it easily w/ google.
Kto ne kurit i ne p'yot, tot zdoroven'kim pomret.
Demona
Membre / Member

Post by Demona »

there are also all sorts of online dictionaries....like http://www.rambler.ru/dict/enru/

this one is english russian, you can also choose there russian english variant...

about buying a CD-ROM dictionary...obviously the best ones are those compilied in Russia...
:sun:
Last edited by Demona on 13 Jan 2003 00:58, edited 1 time in total.
Beaumont
Admin

Post by Beaumont »

You can also check out Ectaco software dictionaries. Russian is their favorite language.

:hello:
Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.
Parasha
Membre / Member

Post by Parasha »

Demona: I can't help but gush, the rambler.ru dictionary has passed two important qualifications: indications of stress, and the ability to type in a word in any declension. So rare that I find both features in one.

Beaumont: thanks for the software link. I'll give some demos a try, and then take a quick dash over to Russia to buy some real software. :P

frantsuz: Will certainly let you know if Agama returns, but in the meantime, have you been to Rambler.ru?

Спасибо большое!

Truly.
"Heureusement que j'aime pas les épinards..."
Demona
Membre / Member

Post by Demona »

Parasha wrote:Demona: I can't help but gush, the rambler.ru dictionary has passed two important qualifications: indications of stress, and the ability to type in a word in any declension. So rare that I find both features in one.

Спасибо большое!

Truly.

большое пожалста! пользуйтесь на здоровье! :D