Daylight Saving Time

Toutes les news à propos du forum
Merci de nous faire part de vos suggestions ;)
Cãlin
Membre / Member

Daylight Saving Time

Post by Cãlin »

Hello Latinus!
Hello everybody!

I wonder if this site has the possibility to automatically adjust itself to my local time zone in the case of winter/summer time shifts.

For instance, I live in Bucharest, that is to say CET+1h. In order to make sure that the site displays correctly (from my point of view) the time of each post, I have to set my local time (in the Profile panel) at GMT+2h between October and April, and at GMT+3h between April and October.

Do you all manually change your time zone in the Profile panel twice a year, or is there any hidden button to press in order for the site to automatically adjust it for me?

Thanks in advance for your replies. :hello:
Latinus
Admin

Re: Daylight Saving Time

Post by Latinus »

zcalin wrote:Hello Latinus!
Hello everybody!
Hello Zcalin,
I wonder if this site has the possibility to automatically adjust itself to my local time zone in the case of winter/summer time shifts.
For instance, I live in Bucharest, that is to say CET+1h. In order to make sure that the site displays correctly (from my point of view) the time of each post, I have to set my local time (in the Profile panel) at GMT+2h between October and April, and at GMT+3h between April and October.
Do you all manually change your time zone in the Profile panel twice a year, or is there any hidden button to press in order for the site to automatically adjust it for me?
Thanks in advance for your replies. :hello:
We manually change our time zone twice a year :c-com-ca:
viewtopic.php?t=941

This feature will be provided in the next phpBB's major version (phpBB3).
Les courses hippiques, lorsqu'elles s'y frottent.
Cãlin
Membre / Member

Post by Cãlin »

Thanks a lot, Lat ;)
foryoureyesonly
Membre / Member

Post by foryoureyesonly »

zcalin wrote:Thanks a lot, Lat ;)
Thanks a lot for raising the matter, Zcalin...For me it's even worse, considering that I have to keep shuttling between India and France.
L'héroïsme au quotidien n'est pas dans une attitude défensive mais dans le positionnement tranquille.
- Jacques Salomé
Cãlin
Membre / Member

Post by Cãlin »

In this case I suppose you're also dealing with fractions of an hour, right?
foryoureyesonly
Membre / Member

Post by foryoureyesonly »

zcalin wrote:In this case I suppose you're also dealing with fractions of an hour, right?
Right! And that is problematic.
L'héroïsme au quotidien n'est pas dans une attitude défensive mais dans le positionnement tranquille.
- Jacques Salomé