Could anyone simplifythis statement for me, please?

Forum for English and all other languages.

Moderators: kokoyaya, Beaumont

Post by Guest »

Section 212 (h) of the Act states that "….The Attorney General may waive application of (Section 212 (a)(2) (A)(i)(I)) in the case of an immigrant who is the spouse, or son, or daughter of a United States citizen or of an alien lawfully admitted for permanent residence, if it is established to the satisfaction of the Attorney General that the refusal of addmission to the United States of such immigrant alien would result in extreme hardship to the citizen or lawful resident spouse or parent of such alien"
Beaumont
Admin

Re: Could anyone simplifythis statement for me, please?

Post by Beaumont »

Anonymous wrote:Could anyone simplifythis statement for me, please?

Section 212 (h) of the Act states that "….The Attorney General may waive application of (Section 212 (a)(2) (A)(i)(I)) in the case of an immigrant who is the spouse, or son, or daughter of a United States citizen or of an alien lawfully admitted for permanent residence, if it is established to the satisfaction of the Attorney General that the refusal of addmission to the United States of such immigrant alien would result in extreme hardship to the citizen or lawful resident spouse or parent of such alien"
As far as I can understand, it means that the Attorney General can decide that the application of () is not necessary if the immigrant has a US citizen among his close family, and if the refusal of admission on US territory for this immigrant causes extreme trouble to this close family.

:hello:
Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Post by Guest »

It means that if you are either the spouse, daughter or son of a person who has an american passport or a permanent residence visa (green card) and not giving you a visa would cause the passport/visa holder extreme pain/sorrow you may be able to enter without the application of Section 212 (a)(2) (A)(i)(I))

Post by Guest »

Anonymous wrote:It means that if you are either the spouse, daughter or son of a person who has an american passport or a permanent residence visa (green card) and not giving you a visa would cause the passport/visa holder extreme pain/sorrow you may be able to enter without the application of Section 212 (a)(2) (A)(i)(I))

Thank you for answering to this message. It is very helpful to me.