a translation dictionary from english to german

Forum for English and all other languages.

Moderators: kokoyaya, Beaumont

patforkin
Membre / Member

a translation dictionary from english to german

Post by patforkin »

Hallo!
I like the structure of FREELANG and what it offers.
I have however decided to create a dictionary with which I can translate phrases from English into German where the words will be translated into the correct case or as it is also called the correct declension.
It presupposes using the concept of a headword and marking up all words in the phrase to be translated.
Has any member of the forume created such, or creating such, with whom I can have a dialogue?
I'd like to herar from amyone doing such or having done such.
I'd like also to know of anyone using the interface to look up individual words and translate them as a phrase.
If it is at all possible.
Regards, patforkin.
patforkin
Membre / Member

creating a first version of an own dictionary

Post by patforkin »

Hallo!
As an addendum to the first post I made today on my intention to create a translation dictionary, I would like to ask a question.
Is there a simple way of importing small files of translated entries into the dictionary without having to have recourse to "official" resources. Being able to import say 20 to 30 entries on a single page, would be a useful asset. Is there such a facility available?
Thanks for any help.
Kind regards, patforkin.
patforkin
Membre / Member

Re: a translation dictionary from english to german

Post by patforkin »

Hallo!
I have returned and seen my old posts, to neither of which I had received a reply.
I would still like to know if there is a way to create small files of words and phrases to test out what I am doing. Is there such a way or is there a tool to test one's own dictionary before making it available for others to use?
Hope to have answers from those who are in the know.
Regards, patforkin.
solbjerg
Membre / Member

Post by solbjerg »

Hi patforkin
I think this question should be sent to Beaumont.
It involves the innards of the program I think?

Perhaps some copyright issue in the outlined method too?

You have about 30 spaces for the explanation of each word or synonym - altogether you have about 50 spaces for the translated synonyms - for all of them.
I haven't tried to to insert the words directly in the language files.
(I once tried to change a word there - but probably wasn't meticulous enough - didn't count the spaces I think, and therefore the file became invalid and I had to reinstall it.)
But perhaps Beaumont can help you.
Cheers
solbjerg

patforkin wrote:Hallo!
I have returned and seen my old posts, to neither of which I had received a reply.
I would still like to know if there is a way to create small files of words and phrases to test out what I am doing. Is there such a way or is there a tool to test one's own dictionary before making it available for others to use?
Hope to have answers from those who are in the know.
Regards, patforkin.
patforkin
Membre / Member

Post by patforkin »

Hallo!
I thank you for the suggestion to take my question to Beaumont.
I will try to.
Regards patforkin.