Please tell a technical fool

Forum for English and all other languages.

Moderators: kokoyaya, Beaumont

Beaumont
Admin

Post by Beaumont »

j u d i t h wrote:Well, as you live in Bangkok... Is it Thai? How do you write these signs in here?
Yes it's Thai. Not easy, but fun to learn!

When I write, I set up my keyboard to Thai, I use Word and I save the file as html. Then I edit the source and I copy/paste. If someone else has a better solution, I'd be glad to know...

:hello:
Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.
j u d i t h
Membre / Member

Post by j u d i t h »

Beaumont wrote:
Yes it's Thai. Not easy, but fun to learn!
Oh yes, it doesn't look very easy! Is the pronunciation hard as well? I don't think I know how it sounds like..... :(
When I write, I set up my keyboard to Thai, I use Word and I save the file as html. Then I edit the source and I copy/paste. If someone else has a better solution, I'd be glad to know...
While searching the computer I didn't find Thai, but now I found Russian!! :chiquita:

I'll try and see if it will work here: Думдидумдидум!

See you!
:hello: Judith :hello:
Beaumont
Admin

Post by Beaumont »

j u d i t h wrote:Oh yes, it doesn't look very easy! Is the pronunciation hard as well? I don't think I know how it sounds like..... :(
It's a tonal language and there is an opposition between short and long vowels, so it's not easy when you don't have this in your mother tongue (French for me). I also have bad habits because I also speak Lao and I often mix both languages, as they are rather close. Thai people often laugh when they hear me speak Lao!! :lol:
Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.
Demona
Membre / Member

Re: Please tell a technical fool

Post by Demona »

Latinus wrote: No, it is not from my own talent (even if I'm really exceptional, huhu :sumo: )!
Here's the original version: http://www.lokanova.net/docs/siudmak.jpg . I think "Siudmak" is the name of the author... but I'm not sure :confused:
Latinus wrote: I confirm : "Siudmak" is the name of the author : http://www.hebus.com/gal.php?id=1097

j u d i t h wrote: No, I don't really know that band, I've just heard of them Black/Doom/Death music isn't really my kind of music, if you understand what I mean! Allthough I listen to almost everything without complaining!

My best friends use to drag me to a big rock festival each year with lots of hard rock bands I've never even heard of, but it's fun. And that music seems to be quite heavy to me, so Black etc. would be too much I suppose! Concerning music, I'm a real "softie" (well, not just concerning music............)

See you!
oh....well, any way it is noce that at least you dont ask if it is pop...heh...
yeah, sure i understand...most of the people feel the same way :)
festival....Germany?....perhaps Wacken?....but well, perhaps something else...
do you play any instrument yourself?

While searching the computer I didn't find Thai, but now I found Russian!!

I'll try and see if it will work here: Думдидумдидум!
and Думдидумдидум to you as well :chiquita:

npl. Arcturus - Star Crossed
Demona
Membre / Member

Post by Demona »

Latinus, thanks again, i`ve checked out that page. really enjoyed pictures and came to final realization that i really have to learn French :confused:
j u d i t h
Membre / Member

Post by j u d i t h »

oh....well, any way it is noce that at least you dont ask if it is pop...heh...
yeah, sure i understand...most of the people feel the same way :)
festival....Germany?....perhaps Wacken?....but well, perhaps something else...
No, not Wacken, it's the Hurricane Festival in Scheeßel :)

do you play any instrument yourself?
Not really... I've played the accordion, mouth organ and flute when I was a child but now it's just a little bit accordion (I'm not good at it at all :() I'd love to learn to play the piano and guitar.... maybe some day I'll do that. Who knows? What about you, Demona?
:hello: Judith :hello:
Demona
Membre / Member

Post by Demona »

j u d i t h wrote:
No, not Wacken, it's the Hurricane Festival in Scheeßel :)
oh, there you have it...Wacken is probably the only fest. in Germany that i know. :)
anyway hope you enjoyed it :)

Not really... I've played the accordion, mouth organ and flute when I was a child but now it's just a little bit accordion (I'm not good at it at all :() I'd love to learn to play the piano and guitar.... maybe some day I'll do that. Who knows? What about you, Demona?

i finished my "musical career" a year ago, and now i just dont have time for all that...however, i`d like to resume it. hopefully i`ll be able to do that quite soon. we`ll see 8-] and now i`m just a music fan heh :)