Which Language fits you!

Forum for English and all other languages.

Moderators: kokoyaya, Beaumont

beelemache
Membre / Member

Which Language fits you!

Post by beelemache »

here is a little quiz I found on internet... you might find it a bit stupid, but it's quite fun...

http://www.blogthings.com/whatlanguages ... learnquiz/

And this is a self-evaluation to know which language fits your personality.... (from a member of an other forum)

The languages matching each description are hidden at the bottom of the page (select all with the mouse to read).

1. You are extroverted and sociable and feel a strong need to be with your friends or family as much as you can. You can't stop talking because you just love it. You are wary of strangers, but don't let it appear too much. You have strong opinions and an overflowing imagination, so that it is not always easy for you to respect authority.

2. You are very rational and picky when it comes to nuances in vocabulary or subtle grammatical mistakes. You are sometimes a bit too critical or quick to judge other people. You have a high self-esteem but do your best to look cool and friendly with people you care about. It is difficult for you to just say things simply, as you like thinking about an elaborate way of expressing even the most banal feelings.

3. You are a quite emotional person (you cry or get surprised easily) and like talking about how you feel and what you like and dislike. You are polite and helpful, but feel insecure and are easily worried about small things and what people think of you. You have a fondness for cuteness and can be seen as a bit naive at times.

4. You have a pretty relaxed approach to life and this combined to your down-to-earth logic make you appear very self-controlled. You are analytical and like making full use of your language's nuances when you deem it necessary. You feel that the way a person speaks is the best clue to understand who they really are. You are very independent-minded and don't care much about what strangers think of you. Sometimes people find you original or eccentric for this excessive free-thinking.

5. You are unpretentious and don't like showing off, although you are quite confident of your own value. You don't like excessive display of emotions or eccentricity. You are very down-to-earth and quite respectful of others, even when you don't agree with their ideas. You tend to be quiet, methodical, thourough and careful in your dealing with people. You favour discretion and "traditional good taste".

6. You like being surrounded by others, but are not always a good communicator because of your high self-esteem. You are always looking for a way of making you look good, or at least honourable. You feel insecure but hate to admit it and try to not let it transpire. You are seen as warm and friendly, but can also be aloof or somber at times.

7. You are extroverted and outspoken, but also very superstitious and emotional. You like meeting people and making new friends. You are very matter-of-factly and don't care much about little nuances in language as long as you can communicate effectively. You are influenceable and care a lot about your image and standing in society.

8. You are relaxed, friendly, sociable and self-controlled. You like talking but not necessarily about yourself, as you are quite reserved. You have a disposition for philosophical thinking and fatalism and greet life wit a smile even in the harshest circumstances. You are not a worrier, but prefer thinking or talking to physical activities.

9. You like things to be organised and clear. You are rational, methodical, patient and prefer proved and tested ways to new and risky ones. You like to know your stuff in the slightest detail, and use technical jargon to talk about it. You often feel uneasy, in which case you search for well-established marks. You are friendly but dislike excessive display of emotions.

1.Italian
2.French
3.Japanese
4.British English
5.Dutch
6.Spanish
7.Chinese
8.Hindi
9. German
domanlai
Membre / Member

Post by domanlai »

Je n'ai pas pris le temps d'aller voir le site mais la description dans le message me parait plus représenter l'image que l'on a d'un peuple plutôt que la langue elle même. je sais bien que le comportement, la culture et la langue sont liés mais enfin ça me parait peu tenir compte de la linguistique. Quand on apprend une langue, ça ne veut pas dire que notre comportement va se transformer comme celui du peuple locuteur naturel de cette langue. Pour cela il faut y vivre et encore on ne change pas complètement, on s'adapte.
Donc je ne vois pas trop en quoi on peut juger si une langue nous convient à partir de ça :-o

Par exemple, il me semble que la fameuse manie française de tout critiquer relève plus du comportement que de la langue.
Pour l'espagnol, c'est pareil ... .
Quant au chinois, relever le fait que les nuances ne sont pas importantes me parait exprimer une totale méconnaissance de la langue. En effet avec les combinaisons de caractères, il y a justement un grand nombre de subtilités par toujours évidentes à différencier. Après que certains chinois soient peu soucieux des détails ne veut pas dire que lorsqu'on apprend la langue il n'y ait pas besoin de se 'farcir' toutes ses nuances pour arriver à comprendre ... .
Pour le japonais, là aussi ça me parait complètement déconnecté de la langue : ça va faire plaisir à ceux qui apprennent le japonais ;)
domanlai
Membre / Member

Post by domanlai »

Sorry, I did not realise it was the english forum. i'll try to write the english version of my answer later.
Maïwenn
Modératrice Arts & Litté.

Post by Maïwenn »

I tried it. And the answer which came out is.... Swedish.

Fantastisk! You're laid back about learning a language - and about life in general.
Peaceful, beautiful Sweden is ideal for you... And you won't even have to speak perfect Swedish to get around!

It's actually pretty accurate given my Scandinavian interest :). But Domanlai is right, the test is more about the country in general than about the language.
Penn ar Bed
The end of the land
Le commencement d'un monde
michka
Membre / Member

Post by michka »

You Should Learn French
C'est super! You appreciate the finer things in life... wine, art, cheese, love affairs.
You are definitely a Parisian at heart. You just need your tongue to catch up...
What a surprise... :loljump:
Wir brauchen keinen Appetit, wir haben den Hunger. (Bertolt Brecht)
svernoux
Membre / Member

Post by svernoux »

Maïwenn wrote:I tried it. And the answer which came out is.... Swedish.
I got the same one!
I don't know how much this first test is reliable, but the second one worked out quite well for me: I have most from 5 and 9, and these are Dutch and German! I think the definition for German quite matches German reality!

But of course, I'll never know if it was right for me to learn Russian :cry:
Actually, if I followed what is said for German, I would surely never have learned Russian...
Sonka - Сонька
I'm a father and I am a son but I don't know how to tell them that I have come undone
michka
Membre / Member

Post by michka »

Where have you found out the numbers ? I cannot see them anywhere. :sweat: (I know I am a sleeper, maybe number 8).
svernoux
Membre / Member

Post by svernoux »

Here in the second game, in this very topic! Not in the first game (hyperlink)
Sonka - Сонька
I'm a father and I am a son but I don't know how to tell them that I have come undone
beelemache
Membre / Member

Post by beelemache »

I've got spanish for both.

For you, learning a language is about career advancement and communication.
Knowing Spanish will bring you tons of possiblities for jobs and travel. Bárbaro

The second test seems very true for me:
We all have different tastes concerning languages because we have different personalities.

That's why some of us find german not nice at all while others think italian is a melodical language!

Svernoux (who tried the second test) confirmed my thoughts. I wonder if it will be the same for everyone...
chatoune
Membre / Member

Post by chatoune »

I also got Spanish for the first game.

As for the second, the sentence that most fit me is the number 9, but also a bit of the number 3 and 5, which gives me German, Japanese and Dutch.

Perhaps it is the good moment for me to relearn German... :)
michka
Membre / Member

Post by michka »

svernoux wrote:Here in the second game, in this very topic! Not in the first game (hyperlink)
Thanks, Svernoux! :drink: So I have got a French-Hindi personality...
svernoux wrote:I don't know how much this first test is reliable, but the second one worked out quite well for me: I have most from 5 and 9, and these are Dutch and German!
Ostfriesisch? ;)
Bacaline
Membre / Member

Post by Bacaline »

Swedish for me too :lol:
مع السلامة
svernoux
Membre / Member

Post by svernoux »

michka wrote:Ostfriesisch? ;)
:loljump: :loljump: :loljump: I guess the ones who made up the test don't have aclue about Ostfriesisch, but this is probably a good solution!
Sonka - Сонька
pc2
Membre / Member

Post by pc2 »

You Should Learn Japanese

You're cutting edge, and you are ready to delve into wacky Japanese culture.
From Engrish to eating contests, you're born to be a crazy gaijin. Saiko!
Merci de corriger notre français si nécessaire.
Paulo Marcos -- & -- Claudio Marcos
Brasil/Brazil/Brésil
flamenco
Membre / Member

Post by flamenco »

French for me! :loljump:

"C'est super! You appreciate the finer things in life... wine, art, cheese, love affairs.
You are definitely a Parisian at heart. You just need your tongue to catch up... "

(I hate wine!!)