Wikipedia

Forum for English and all other languages.

Moderators: kokoyaya, Beaumont

Marchand De Boeuf
Membre / Member

Wikipedia

Post by Marchand De Boeuf »

Good day all,

I wanted to share with everybody here the creation of Wikimedia Indigenous Languages, an international body to promote and support the development of Wikimedia projects, like Wikipedia, in all small and endangered languages. Wikipedia is a great tool to share, teach, learn and preserve languages which will be freely accessible forever. It is very flexible and can be used in many different ways according to specific goals and intents of language communities. Some even used it as a teaching aids and other for students to practice the language directly online, which can be more interesting for youth then pen and paper exercises.

You can see Wikimedia Indigenous Languages website at http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/WIL

Everybody who is interested can join our mailing list or come talk on the talk page, if you have any questions don't hesitate to contact me, or ask in this thread.

I wasn't sure if this was the best place to post this, so if a moderator wants to move it, feel free to do so, please.

I also speak French, and I can read Spanish, if you prefer.