Binary fonts (Japanese, Chinese, etc.) garbled beyond recognition

Forum for English and all other languages.

Moderators: kokoyaya, Beaumont

shaydeegrove

Binary fonts (Japanese, Chinese, etc.) garbled beyond recognition

Post by shaydeegrove »

I'm a volunteer translator (Japanese-English). Had 6 requests through Freelang so far. All the Japanese in the mail messages comes out in "phantom" code (moji-bake 文字化け in Japanese) like this:

一人で 何かを しようとしてる
楽しみとか 苦しみとか 知ろうとしてる
恋をしたり けんかしたり したい
今日目覚めて 君はそう決めた
突然に

Why is that exactly? If you would be so kind. Tell me what I'm doing wrong. You can't send binary text, or something? I found a solution, thought, but it's a pain in the butt.

Anyway, anyone getting what are called "numerical (I forgot the geek term) values" (数値) instead of the Japanese characters they represent. Go here:
http://lab.kiki-verb.com/mojibakeratta/

Enter the gobble-de-gook values in the top window, then click the 「数値参照」 Tab in the lower window to get the lowdown Japanese. Like this:

string(1066) "一人で 何かを しようとしてる 楽しみとか 苦しみとか 知ろうとしてる 恋をしたり けんかしたり したい 今日目覚めて 君はそう決めた 突然に 時には 涙を 流してみたり 窓ガラスが 壊れるほど 叫んでみたり ダンスしたり ジャンプしたり したい もう疲れた 君は戸をあけて 突然外に 出た この町で 生きている 宿題を しながら そして単純なうそにドキドキしながら 朝がきて 夜がきて また朝が 夜になって また朝が来て また夜が来て 朝が 恋をしたり けんかしたり したい 今日目覚めて 君は戸をあけて 突然外に 出た この町で 生きている 行く人を 見ながら そして肝心なとこでしらけてみながら 朝がきて 夜がきて また朝が 夜になって また朝が来て また夜が来て 朝が 君はそう決めた 突然に 君はそう決めた 突然に 君はそう決めた 突然に 君はそう決めた 突然に"
Beaumont
Admin

Re: Binary fonts (Japanese, Chinese, etc.) garbled beyond recognition

Post by Beaumont »

It's on my "to do list", I hope to find the time to do it eventually. :shy:
Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.