Erasmus cover letter

Forum for English and all other languages.

Moderators: kokoyaya, Beaumont

Bobinette

Erasmus cover letter

Post by Bobinette »

Hi I am a french student, and i would like to apply for an Erasmus next semester, could someone tell me if there are any faults ? Or give me some advice ?

Thank you very much !

Motivation letter :

Subject : Erasmus application in the United Kingdom

Dear Mr. --,
After inquiring about the possibilities that are set up for international studies the next semester, I would like to apply for the Erasmus student exchange program in the United-Kingdom.

I am currently in second year of a bachelor’s degree in LEA (Foreign Languages applied to Business), and I would like to continue my education and become a primary schoolteacher by following a MEEF formation (Teaching Jobs), and so work in bilingual schools. Therefore, I think I could really benefit from a stay in the United Kingdom.

A semester in England would not only allow me to improve my English level, but also to discover an other culture and a different academic system. Indeed, I picked the United Kingdom partly because of its very riche, unique and affordable culture. As a matter of fact, I always liked History, so be able to study and live in a town as rich in monuments and museums as Coventry or Leeds seems to be an huge opportunity to be seized.

Moreover, I already went a few times abroad, with the school or alone, and thanks to it I think I have gained a big open-mindedness. I also never suffered any lack of adaptability, even when the country was foreign to me. That is why I think I am able and ready to study in Leeds or Coventry for half-a-year.

At last, I would say that study in England could enable me to acquire new skills. Of course, it would allow me to improve my English, but it is mostly a chance to practice English when learning others disciplines as economics, marketing or finance : fields I don’t have the chance to practice everyday in english. Consequently, these new skills will be a major asset for my professional future.

Yours sincerely,
Mathea
Membre / Member

Re: Erasmus cover letter

Post by Mathea »

Hi Bobinette,

Your English is excellent! Below are a few minor corrections to your letter. Some text is crossed out and some text is added. All additions are displayed in red.

Motivation letter :

Subject : Erasmus application in the United Kingdom

Dear Mr. --,
After inquiring about the possibilities that are set up for international studies the next semester, I would like to apply for the Erasmus student exchange program in the United-Kingdom United Kingdom.

I am currently in second year of a bachelor’s degree in LEA (Foreign Languages applied to Business), and I would like to continue my education and become a primary schoolteacher by following a MEEF formation (Teaching Jobs), and so work in bilingual schools. Therefore, I think I could really benefit from a stay in the United Kingdom.

A semester in England would not only allow me to improve my English level, but also to discover an other another culture and a different academic system. Indeed, I picked the United Kingdom partly because of its very riche rich, unique and affordable culture. As a matter of fact, I always liked History, so being able to study and live in a town as rich in monuments and museums as Coventry or Leeds seems to be an a huge opportunity to be seized.

Moreover, I have already went gone abroad a few times abroad, with the school or alone, and thanks to it this, I think feel I have gained a big much open-mindedness. I also never suffered any lack of adaptability, even when the country was foreign to me. That is why I think I am able and ready to study in Leeds or Coventry for half-a-year.

At And lastly, I would say that study in England could enable me to acquire new skills. Of course, it would allow me to improve my English, but it is mostly a chance to practice English when learning others other disciplines such as economics, marketing or finance : fields I don’t have the chance to practice everyday every day in english English. Consequently, these new skills will would be a major asset for my professional future.

Yours sincerely,

*************************************************************************************
In English, we don’t leave any space between a word and the colon mark that follows, unless nothing comes after the mark, and then it’s OK either way. So your first line “Motivation letter :” is fine. But I would recommend changing your second line to “Subject: Erasmus application ...”, and a passage in your last paragraph to either “... finance: fields ...” or “... finance — fields ...”

Good luck with all your endeavors!

Cheers from drought-ridden Southern California!
Mathea