Crazy?

Forum for English and all other languages.

Moderators: kokoyaya, Beaumont

j u d i t h
Membre / Member

Crazy?

Post by j u d i t h »

Do other people think you’re crazy just because

- You prefer to read books in foreign languages?
- You own more than ten dictionaries?
- You began to learn (or even study) a real exotic language?
- You listen to music sung in a language other people haven’t even heard of?
- You like to watch CNN just because you like to listen to all the different foreign accents?
- You speak more than two foreign languages?
- You think it’s fun to learn how to count to 10 in a language you don’t speak?
- You like to listen to strangers in the tube just because they speak a language which sounds interesting?
- You try to improve your pronunciation of a foreign language by talking to yourself?
- You invented an own (secret!) language with your best friend at the age of nine?
- You enjoy reading grammar books?
- You can read in dictionaries for hours?
- You enjoy comparing and mixing languages?
- You’re interested in etymology
- You’re interested in the origins and meanings of first- and surnames?
- You seem to be the only person in your country who thinks that the latest spelling reform was a good idea because the rules are much more logical now?
- The first thing you see on a postcard from one of your friends are 5 spelling mistakes?

Did you recognize yourself? :loljump:
:hello: Judith :hello:
Serena

Crazy?

Post by Serena »

Yes, yes I did! ::laughs:: And I am so happy that this site had been created for people just like that. Finally, a really awesome site that provides human translation, fonts, and software! I hope you enjoy this place as much as I do. Omedetou on being the newest member by the way. Later!
Ja ne,:hello:
Serena
j u d i t h
Membre / Member

Re: Crazy?

Post by j u d i t h »

Hi Serena! :hello:
Serena wrote:Yes, yes I did! ::laughs::
It's good to hear that there are other people around who are as crazy as me!

Thanks for your "omedetou"! Are you Japanese or do you study it? Have a nice day!
myname

Crazy?

Post by myname »

Lol. I'm not Nihonjin :loljump: , but I have been studying Japanese for years now. I have recently became interested in Arabic, Chinese, Russian, and French as well. I am also in my fifth year of formal education in Spanish-that's right, the others I learn on my own and through native speakers. Some think I'm crazy for learning Spanish and Japanese, let alone the others. Others, however, like some people you'll find here, love languages, so I am a part-time tutor. Lol. How'd you know omedetou was Japanese? Do you study it, too? Later.
Ja mata,
Serena
P.S. You can e-mail me at amaterasuomikmi1@aol.com if you want, I check my mail practically twice a day. :hello:
j u d i t h
Membre / Member

Re: Crazy?

Post by j u d i t h »

I have been studying Japanese for years now. I have recently became interested in Arabic, Chinese, Russian, and French as well. I am also in my fifth year of formal education in Spanish
Hi Serena :hello:
So good to see that there are more language-lovers out there! :)
How'd you know omedetou was Japanese? Do you study it, too?
No, I don't study Japanese and I don't speak or understand it. But I used to meet Japanese people at my former work almost everyday so I tried to learn some of the most important words just for fun!

I'll send you an e-mail! See you!